- Mood Disorders
Jo is a registered psychologist with over 13 years extensive clinical experience in treating Bipolar, Depression & Mood Disorders. Treatment and psycho-education is largely based upon a dynamic therapeutic approach from a range of evidence based mood interventions that includes:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Social Rhythms Therapy (IPSRT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)\
- Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Jo has a particular interest in integrative mental health and wellness coaching for mood regulation that includes supportive strategies around brain health, sleep, nutrition, exercise and routine. She is passionate about helping patients improve the quality of their life and has a supportive, non-judgemental and empathic style of therapy.
Specialising in treatment for:
- Bipolar I Disorder
- Bipolar II Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia)
- Mood Dysregulation
Accredited therapeutic interventions using:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Relaxation training
- Mindfulness training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Integrative Mental Health
- MAPS - Member of Australian Psychological Society
- AACBT - Australian Association for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- ASBD - Australasian Society for Bipolar & Depressive Disorders
- ISBD - International Society for Bipolar Disorders
If you are a new patient and would like to schedule an appointment with our clinic, we kindly request that you call our front desk during our regular business hours. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to assist you in finding a suitable appointment time.
College Street Specialists are dedicated to exceptional medical care with compassion, expertise, and personalised attention. Discover the people behind our leading practice.